A lot easier is the Recycling of litter, especially if the litter consists of only a few materials, and most easy if the pieces of litter are made from single material. The concept requires special manufacturing, that takes care to use pure single material if possible.
Things made from single material
- Bottles from glass.
- Boxes from plastics (e.g. polyethylene).
- Tins from stainless steel.
- Insulating foam from melted regolith.
- Insulating foil, e.g. from polyethylene.
Things made from a material composition
The following things need more than one material, but the materials can be separated easily for recycling:
- Cable from metal and plastics (e.g. polyethylene).
- Insulating mat from mineral fibre and plastics casing (e.g. polyethylene).
- Laminated safety glass.
List of Materials
This list comprises recyclable materials, that are really needed by an autonomous colony: