Mars-500 (520 days simulation)
The 520 days simulation is a planned part of the Mars-500 project. During an overall period of 520 days a crew of 6 persons will live and work in an isolated analog station, consisting of 5 modules, simulating a space vessel, a landing module, a Martian environment, etc.
The simulation includes a 250 day Earth-to-Mars flight period, a 30 day surface mission and a 240 day Mars-to-Earth flight period. The simulation takes place in the Ground-based Experimental Complex (GEC) of SSC RF - Institute of biomedical problems of RAS in Moscow (Russia).
Goals of the simulation
- Clinical-physiological investigations.
- Biochemical, immunological investigations.
- Small group psychology, personality psychology.
- Sanitary and hygienic, and microbiological investigations.
- Biological investigations.
- Operation-technological experiments, verification of the data bases.
Crew: 6 persons