Marspedia:Editorial Minutes 12/4/2017
Marspedia Editorial Subcommittee
The meeting was convened as a teleconference using the Zoom.US service on December 4th, 2017 at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific.
Susan Martin, James Burk, James Gholston, Kerri Miller, Bruce Mackenzie
- Review of what's been done since last meeting
- Current priority list
- Next steps - action plan
Review of what's been done
We are at 100 members.
We have our first organic article submission https://marspedia.org/Culturalization
We rolled out Metrolook as the default skin. Doesn't work with JS turned off with Mobile devices.
We finished the list of Tag Templates.
Frank Crossman worked on a Proposal for Categories.
We are discussing the Areography section/plan on the Technical Subcommittee Slack.
James added the extension for send notifications when new pages are created.
James researched workflows. We had a discussion that resulted in us wanting to tag new user's new articles and edits for approval.
Current Priority List
- Finish the Needed Articles list
- Lock down the list of categories
- Review all articles that they have the correct tag templates and categories.
- Find people that are willing to write articles.
- Add to the Needed Articles list.
- Review & Signoff the list of Categories.
- Begin assigning out the articles to review (systematically)
- Referred to Technical Committee: Investigate a solution to tag new users' article submissions & initial edits for further approve, to protect the wiki.
- Referred to Technical Committee: Investigate a solution to allow anonymous people to edit/create articles but also protect the wiki from spammers.