Regolith is the layer of rocky or icy debris, sand, and dust made by meteoritic impact that forms the uppermost surface of planets, satellites and asteroids. It is a possible construction material in the form of bricks. Loose regolith may also be used as a radiation shield.
Landscapes with regolith formation have been found that look like they were shaped by the flow of water. Those formations were probably created by "gas-supported density flows". 
The below table gives estimates of mineral composition based on the soil sample measurements performed by two Mars probes. Only the 6 most abundant minerals are listed.
The following table shows the results of an analysis of 11 igneous meteorites of Martian origin, which were divided into 5 standard geological categories based on their composition.
|O||1.60 X 1022||1.58 X 1022||1.54 X 1022||1.65 X 1022||1.51 X 1022|
|Na||2.35 X 1020||9.15 X 1019||1.13 X 1020||2.66 X 1019||2.51 X 1019|
|Mg||1.61 X 1021||4.07 X 1021||1.79 X 1021||3.77 X 1021||4.81 X 1021|
|Al||8.50 X 1020||3.34 X 1020||1.94 X 1020||1.45 X 1020||8.23 X 1019|
|Si||5.01 X 1021||4.50 X 1021||4.88 X 1021||5.38 X 1021||3.87 X 1021|
|P||5.60 X 1019||2.00 X 1019||3.76 X 1018||0||6.41 X 1018|
|K||1.23 X 1019||3.31 X 1018||2.93 X 1019||1.95 X 1018||5.31 X 1018|
|Ca||1.06 X 1021||4.04 X 1020||1.56 X 1021||1.98 X 1020||6.52 X 1019|
|Ti||8.21 X 1019||3.28 X 1019||2.59 X 1019||1.53 X 1019||7.60 X 1018|
|Mn||4.42 X 1019||3.91 X 1019||5.69 X 1019||4.04 X 1019||4.51 X 1019|
|Fe||1.58 X 1021||1.67 X 1021||1.79 X 1021||1.46 X 1021||2.29 X 1021|
- How radioactive is regolith?
- What are the compositions of the regolith near possible settlement sites?
- How the landscape is formed to the shape of floods: THE COLLAPSE ORIGIN OF DENSITY FLOWS ON MARS
- Bell JF, McSween HY, Crisp JA, Morris RV, Murchie SL, Bridges NT,...Soderblom L. (2000). Mineralogic and compositional properties of Martian soil and dust: Results from Mars Pathfinder. Journal of Geophysical Research, 105(E1), 1721-1755. https://doi.org/10.1029/1999JE001060
- Kim MY, Thibeault SA, Simonsen LC, Wilson JW. (1998). Comparison of Martian Meteorites and Martian Regolith as Shield Materials for Galactic Cosmic Rays. NASA TP-1998-208724. http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19980237030